Kickstart Modern Android Development with Jetpack and Kotlin: Enhance your applications by integrating Jetpack and applying modern app architectural concepts
Explore modern Android development in Kotlin 1.6.10 with this condensed hands-on guide to building reliable apps using libraries such as Compose, ViewModel, Hilt, Retrofit, Flow, and more
- Explore Jetpack libraries and other modern technologies for Android development
- Improve the architectural design of your Android apps
- Enhance the quality of your Android projects’ code bases and applications using the latest libraries
With Jetpack libraries, you can build and design high-quality, robust Android apps that have an improved architecture and work consistently across different versions and devices. This book will help you understand how Jetpack allows developers to follow best practices and architectural patterns when building Android apps while also eliminating boilerplate code.
Developers working with Android and Kotlin will be able to put their knowledge to work with this condensed practical guide to building apps with the most popular Jetpack libraries, including Jetpack Compose, ViewModel, Hilt, Room, Paging, Lifecycle, and Navigation. You’ll get to grips with relevant libraries and architectural patterns, including popular libraries in the Android ecosystem such as Retrofit, Coroutines, and Flow while building modern applications with real-world data.
By the end of this Android app development book, you’ll have learned how to leverage Jetpack libraries and your knowledge of architectural concepts for building, designing, and testing robust Android applications for various use cases.
What you will learn
- Integrate popular Jetpack libraries such as Compose, ViewModel, Hilt, and Navigation into real Android apps with Kotlin
- Apply modern app architecture concepts such as MVVM, dependency injection, and clean architecture
- Explore Android libraries such as Retrofit, Coroutines, and Flow
- Integrate Compose with the rest of the Jetpack libraries or other popular Android libraries
- Work with other Jetpack libraries such as Paging and Room while integrating a real REST API that supports pagination
- Test Compose UI and the application logic through unit tests
Who this book is for
This book is for junior and intermediate-level Android developers looking to level up their Android development skills to develop high-quality apps using Jetpack libraries and other cutting-edge technologies. Beginners with knowledge of Android development fundamentals will also find this book useful. Familiarity with Kotlin is assumed.