Knowledge Management in Theory and Practice, 4th Edition
- Length: 408 pages
- Edition: 4
- Language: English
- Publisher: The MIT Press
- Publication Date: 2023-05-09
- ISBN-10: 0262048124
- ISBN-13: 9780262048125
- Sales Rank: #942931 (See Top 100 Books)
This thoroughly revised fourth edition of the leading knowledge management (KM) textbook offers a comprehensive and accessible overview of the theory and practice of KM.
Today’s knowledge-driven economy raises the stakes for organizations and individuals whose success depends on the effective management of information and knowledge. Knowledge is an asset that is not always easily tapped, especially when embedded in products and in the tacit understanding of highly mobile individual employees. Knowledge management (KM) represents a deliberate and systematic approach to cultivating and sharing an organization’s knowledge base. This thoroughly revised new edition of the leading knowledge management textbook offers a comprehensive and accessible overview of the theory and practice of KM. Drawing on ideas, tools, and techniques from such disciplines as sociology, cognitive science, organizational behavior, and information science, it serves as an invaluable resource for students and researchers across information sciences, business, education, and communication. Global in scope and updated to reflect the maturing field, this fourth edition emphasizes optimizing KM and measuring its success and impact in meaningful ways.
Fourth edition highlights:
- Comprehensively updated to integrate the latest theories, practices, and technologies in KM
- Discusses not only how to implement but how to sustain successful KM strategies and systems in the long term
- Includes new coverage of KM governance and the KM ISO standard introduced in 2018
- Features detailed, real-world vignettes and a wealth of instructor resources, including slides and solutions