Whether you are a new LabVIEW programmer or an old seasoned one, the quest always remains the same: building better programs with our “favourite software tool > LabVIEW”. The aim of this book is to offer some guidance, discussing designs that use LCOD Hidden Data, Abstraction, Cohesion and Coupling methods.
A significant part of the book is structured around five LCOD questions for Hidden Data that the author posed to start the COC (Cluster of Constants) evolutionary process:
- How can we remove all and any types of LabVIEW constants out of the diagram?
- How can we remove those constants out of the program to file in a disk storage?
- How can we recover those constants from the file storage system back into the diagram?
- How can we reinstall the constants into the diagram at load or run time or any time?
- How can we make an online and offline editor to edit all those removed constants?
This book is about the evolution of the author’s design work using LabVIEW LCOD over the past 35 years.