Learn dbatools in a Month of Lunches: Automating SQL server tasks with PowerShell commands
If you work with SQL Server, dbatools is a lifesaver. This book will show you how to use this free and open source PowerShell module to automate just about every SQL server task you can imagine—all in just one month!
In Learn dbatools in a Month of Lunches you will learn how to:
- Perform instance-to-instance and customized migrations
- Automate security audits, tempdb configuration, alerting, and reporting
- Schedule and monitor PowerShell tasks in SQL Server Agent
- Bulk-import any type of data into SQL Server
- Install dbatools in secure environments
Written by a group of expert authors including dbatools creator Chrissy LeMaire, Learn dbatools in a Month of Lunches teaches you techniques that will make you more effective—and efficient—than you ever thought possible. In twenty-eight lunchbreak lessons, you’ll learn the most important use cases of dbatools and the favorite functions of its core developers. Stabilize and standardize your SQL server environment, and simplify your tasks by building automation, alerting, and reporting with this powerful tool.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the technology
For SQL Server DBAs, automation is the key to efficiency. Using the open-source dbatools PowerShell module, you can easily execute tasks on thousands of database servers at once—all from the command line. dbatools gives you over 500 pre-built commands, with countless new options for managing SQL Server at scale. There’s nothing else like it.
About the book
Learn dbatools in a Month of Lunches teaches you how to automate SQL Server using the dbatools PowerShell module. Each 30-minute lesson introduces a new automation that will make your daily duties easier. Following the expert advice of dbatools creator Chrissy LeMaire and other top community contributors, you’ll learn to script everything from backups to disaster recovery.
- Performing instance-to-instance and customized migrations
- Automating security audits, best practices, and standardized configurations
- Administering SQL Server Agent including running PowerShell scripts effectively
- Bulk-importing many types of data into SQL Server
- Executing advanced tasks and increasing efficiency for everyday administration
About the reader
For DBAs, accidental DBAs, and systems engineers who manage SQL Server.
About the author
Chrissy LeMaire is a GitHub Star and the creator of dbatools. Rob Sewell is a data engineer and a passionate automator. Jess Pomfret and Cláudio Silva are data platform architects. All are Microsoft MVPs.