Explore various Azure services to build solutions that leverage effective design patterns
- Create, deploy, and host cloud applications on Azure
- Understand various Azure services that help you host serverless applications
- Explore practical examples to help you secure and troubleshoot your cloud environment
Azure is one of the leading public cloud service providers. Thanks to a number of Azure service updates, it continues to make advances in the realm of cloud computing.
Learn Microsoft Azure starts with the fundamentals of cloud computing. You will learn to configure and set up the Azure infrastructure. As you make your way through the book, you’ll explore Azure services, along with working on virtual memory systems (VMS) and deployment models. You will understand various services in the Azure ecosystem, such as Azure IoT and Azure Analytics, among others. An easy-to-follow introduction to various cloud design patterns will also add to your efficiency in designing cloud solutions. In the concluding chapters, you’ll secure your virtual networks using Network security groups and configure Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to set a custom domain name and company profile.
By the end of this book, you will have learned to secure and troubleshoot your Azure cloud environment and be fully aware of best practices for Azure cloud administration.
What you will learn
- Understand the cloud services offered by Azure
- Design storage and networks in Azure for your Azure VM
- Work with web apps and Azure SQL databases
- Build your identity management solutions on Azure using Azure AD
- Monitor, protect, and automate your Azure services using Operation Management Suite (OMS)
- Implement OMS for Azure services
Who this book is for
Learn Microsoft Azure is for administrators, cloud engineers, and developers who want to get started with using Azure as their cloud platform and build cloud-based applications for their enterprises.
Table of Contents
- Microsoft Azure 101
- Understanding Azure Storage
- Getting familiar with Azure Virtual Networks
- Understanding Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Web Apps Basics
- Managing Azure Web Apps
- Basics of Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database
- Understanding Azure Active Directory
- Monitoring and Automating Azure Services using OMS
- Data Protection and Business Continuity using OMS