Design, administer, and deploy high volume and fault-tolerant database applications using MongoDB 4.x
- Build a powerful and scalable database using real industry datasets with this definitive guide
- Get to grips with the process of designing NoSQL schema with the latest release of MongoDB
- Explore MongoDB concepts such as indexes, queries, standard DB operations, and various DBA tasks
When it comes to managing a heavy volume of unstructured and non-relational datasets, MongoDB is the de-facto database management system for DBAs and data architects. Updated to include all the latest features of MongoDB 4.x, this book covers everything you need to know to build a MongoDB database application.
You’ll start by understanding MongoDB 4.x basics such as indexes, database design, data modeling, authentication, and relationships and then get to grips performing routine operations involved in developing a dynamic database-driven website. With the help of examples, you’ll become confident working with queries and regular database operations. This MongoDB book will guide you in not only designing and implementing but also monitoring and securing your MongoDB database systems. You’ll learn how to handle complex queries using advanced techniques, such as aggregation, map-reduce, custom aggregations, and reporting, and work with multiple collections and embedded arrays and documents. Additionally, you’ll cover key topics like replication, sharding, and security using practical examples.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to perform all essential development and administrative tasks in MongoDB 4.x.
What you will learn
- Identify the key considerations when upgrading to MongoDB 4.x
- Build a database-driven website using MongoDB as the backend
- Perform basic database operations and handle complex MongoDB queries
- Develop a MongoDB database design for a large corporate customer with complex requirements
- Secure the database at the transport level by establishing role-based access control
- Optimize reads and writes directed to a replica set or a sharded cluster
- Perform essential MongoDB administration tasks
- Maintain your database performance through monitoring
Who This Book Is For
This book is for database developers, database administrators, system administrators, and NoSQL beginners who want to build document-oriented databases and manage databases using MongoDB. A basic understanding of databases and working knowledge of Python is all you need to get started with this book.