Learning and Operating Presto: Fast, Reliable SQL for Data Analytics and Lakehouses
The Presto community has mushroomed since its origins at Facebook in 2012. But ramping up this open source distributed SQL query engine can be challenging even for the most experienced engineers. With this practical book, data engineers and architects, platform engineers, cloud engineers, and software engineers will learn how to use Presto operations at your organization to derive insights on datasets wherever they reside.
Authors Angelica Lo Duca, Tim Meehan, Vivek Bharathan, and Ying Su explain what Presto is, where it came from, and how it differs from other data warehousing solutions. You’ll discover why Facebook, Uber, Alibaba Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel, and many more use Presto and how you can quickly deploy Presto in production.
With this book, you will
- Learn how to install and configure Presto
- Use Presto with business intelligence tools
- Understand how to connect Presto to a variety of data sources
- Extend Presto for real-time business insight
- Learn how to apply best practices and tuning
- Get troubleshooting tips for logs, error messages, and more
- Explore Presto’s architectural concepts and usage patterns
- Understand Presto security and administration