Learning Angular: A no-nonsense guide to building web applications with Angular, 4th Edition
- Length: 446 pages
- Edition: 4
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-02-23
- ISBN-10: 1803240601
- ISBN-13: 9781803240602
- Sales Rank: #340061 (See Top 100 Books)
Build your first production-grade web applications from scratch with Angular with the help of expert guidance and step-by-step explanations.
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in PDF format.
- Learn the fundamentals of Angular 15 to build web applications
- Explore the basics of Angular development, from components and templates to forms, routing, and services
- Discover best practices for building, deploying, debugging, and testing Angular applications
The book is especially useful for those new to Angular and will help you to get to grips with the bare bones of the framework to start developing Angular apps. You’ll learn how to develop apps by harnessing the power of the Angular command-line interface (CLI), write unit tests, style your apps by following the Material Design guidelines, and finally, deploy them to a hosting provider.
Updated for Angular 15, this new edition covers lots of new features and tutorials that address the current frontend web development challenges. You’ll find a new dedicated chapter on observables and RxJS, more on error handling and debugging in Angular, and new real-life examples.
By the end of this book, you’ll not only be able to create Angular applications with TypeScript from scratch, but also enhance your coding skills with best practices.
What you will learn
- Use the Angular CLI to scaffold, build, and deploy a new Angular application
- Build components, the basic building blocks of an Angular application
- Discover new Angular Material components such as Google Maps, YouTube, and multi-select dropdowns
- Understand the different types of templates supported by Angular
- Create HTTP data services to access APIs and provide data to components
- Learn how to build Angular apps without modules in Angular 15.x with standalone APIs
- Improve your debugging and error handling skills during runtime and development
Who this book is for