Learning Geospatial Analysis with Python, 4th Edition: Unleash the power of Python 3 with practical techniques for learning GIS and remote sensing
Harness the powerful Python programming language to navigate the realms of geographic information systems, remote sensing, topography, and more, while embracing a guiding framework for effective geospatial analysis
- Create GIS solutions using the new features introduced in Python 3.10
- Explore a range of GIS tools and libraries, including PostGIS, QGIS, and PROJ
- Identify the tools and resources that best align with your specific needs
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Geospatial analysis is used in almost every domain you can think of, including defense, farming, and even medicine. In this special 10th anniversary edition, you’ll embark on an exhilarating geospatial analysis adventure using Python.
This fourth edition starts with the fundamental concepts, enhancing your expertise in geospatial analysis processes with the help of illustrations, basic formulas, and pseudocode for real-world applications. As you progress, you’ll explore the vast and intricate geospatial technology ecosystem, featuring thousands of software libraries and packages, each offering unique capabilities and insights. This book also explores practical Python GIS geospatial applications, remote sensing data, elevation data, and the dynamic world of geospatial modeling. It emphasizes the predictive and decision-making potential of geospatial technology, allowing you to visualize complex natural world concepts, such as environmental conservation, urban planning, and disaster management to make informed choices. You’ll also learn how to leverage Python to process real-time data and create valuable information products.
By the end of this book, you’ll have acquired the knowledge and techniques needed to build a complete geospatial application that can generate a report and can be further customized for different purposes.
What you will learn
- Automate geospatial analysis workflows using Python
- Understand the different formats in which geospatial data is available
- Unleash geospatial tech tools to create stunning visualizations
- Create thematic maps with Python tools such as PyShp, OGR, and the Python Imaging Library
- Build a geospatial Python toolbox for analysis and application development
- Unlock remote sensing secrets, detect changes, and process imagery
- Leverage ChatGPT for solving Python geospatial solutions
- Apply geospatial analysis to real-time data tracking and storm chasing
Who this book is for
This book is for Python developers, researchers, or analysts who want to perform geospatial modeling and GIS analysis with Python. Basic knowledge of digital mapping and analysis using Python or other scripting languages will be helpful.