If you are a student or a researcher in biological sciences and are new to Linux, this book will help you get started quickly.
The primary focus is in using graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to accomplish tasks, but methods using the command line interface are also discussed.
You will learn how to:
- Run Linux on your computer
- Use the desktop and included software
- Work with files and directories
- Search and install software
- Run some basic commands
- Run the Galaxy platform on your computer