Mac OS X Lion All-in-One For Dummies
- Length: 816 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publication Date: 2011-09-13
- ISBN-10: 1118022068
- ISBN-13: 9781118022061
- Sales Rank: #2572754 (See Top 100 Books)
Eight minibooks thoroughly cover the newest Mac operating system—Mac OS X Lion
Macs continue to gain market share, and Mac OS X Lion is expected to draw even more converts as it adds the magic of some of your favorite iPad and iPhone features to the legendary power of the Mac. This easy-to-follow guide to Mac OS X Lion features eight self-contained minibooks covering every phase of navigating, customizing, and expanding Mac OS X Lion; the iLife and iWork applications; maintenance and troubleshooting; Internet activities; and much more.
Mac OS X Lion All-in-One For Dummiesis ideal for those switching to a Mac, anyone upgrading from an earlier version of Mac OS X, beginning Mac users, and experienced users looking for a more comprehensive reference.
- Minibooks include: Introducing Mac OS X, Customizing and Sharing, the Digital Hub, Using iWork, the Typical Internet Stuff, Networking in Mac OS X, Expanding Your System, and Advanced Mac OS X
- Covers Mac OS X Lion basics, using the Finder and Spotlight, customizing the desktop, setting up multi-user accounts, working with the Address Book and Apple Mail, and using the amazing iTunes, iLife and iWork applications
- Highlights the new features of Mac OS X Lion showing readers how to find and download apps from the Mac App Store, organize their desktop with Launchpad and Mission Control, take advantage of full-screen apps, and more
- Features advanced advice on using AppleScript, troubleshooting your system, staying secure, and setting up a network
You’ll tame your Lion in no time with this book and a little help from For Dummies.