Machine Learning by Tutorials, 2nd Edition: Beginning Machine Learning for Apple and iOS
Learn Machine Learning!
Machine learning is one of those topics that can be daunting at first blush. It’s not clear where to start, what path someone should take and what APIs to learn in order to get started teaching machines how to learn.
This is where Machine Learning by Tutorials comes in! In this book, we’ll hold your hand through a number of tutorials, to get you started in the world of machine learning. We’ll cover a wide range of popular topics in the field of machine learning, while developing apps that work on iOS devices.
Who This Book Is For
This books is for the intermediate iOS developer who already knows the basics of iOS and Swift development, but wants to understand how machine learning works.
Topics covered in Machine Learning by Tutorials
- CoreML: Learn how to add a machine learning model to your iOS apps, and how to use iOS APIs to access it.
- Create ML: Learn how to create your own model using Apple’s Create ML Tool.
- Turi Create and Keras: Learn how to tune parameters to improve your machine learning model using more advanced tools.
- Image Classification: Learn how to apply machine learning models to predict objects in an image.
- Convolutional Networks: Learn advanced machine learning techniques for predicting objects in an image with Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs).
- Sequence Classification: Learn how you can use recurrent neural networks (RNNs) to classify motion from an iPhone’s motion sensor.
- Text-to-text Transform: Learn how to use machine learning to convert bodies of text between two languages.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a firm understanding of what machine learning is, what it can and cannot do, and how you can use machine learning in your next app!