macOS by Tutorials: macOS App Development for iOS Developers
Learn macOS development!
You’re an experienced iOS developer and have always wanted to develop a native macOS app. But, you have no idea where to begin.
Never fear! macOS by Tutorials is here to guide you. You’ll be creating your own beautiful macOS apps in no time!
Who This Book is For
This book is for developers with some experience developing for iOS and who are familiar with Swift, Xcode and SwiftUI.
Topics Covered in macOS by Tutorials
- Building a Native App: Use SwiftUI to build a complete, beautiful, native macOS app with full multiple window support.
- Planning and Prototyping: Learn how to plan and prototype data models. Once you’re happy with the prototype, you’ll incorporate your model into a full-featured app.
- Making Menu Bar Apps: Learn how to build an app that lives solely in the macOS menu bar.
- Creating Document-based Apps: Learn how to build an app that manages its own document type.
- Building a GUI front end: See how to create a graphical user interface for a system command line command.
- Building Services and Shortcuts: Explore how to enable automation in your app so it can be used from the Services menu and the Shortcuts app.
- Distributing Your App: Explore the options available for distributing your macOS apps.
One thing you can count on: after reading this book, you’ll be prepared to create and distribute your own native macOS apps.