Making Your CAM Journey Easier with Fusion 360: Learn the basics of turning, milling, laser cutting, and 3D printing
- Length: 464 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-03-17
- ISBN-10: 180461257X
- ISBN-13: 9781804612576
- Sales Rank: #1435080 (See Top 100 Books)
Turn your design ideas into 3D models using Fusion 360 by honing your design skills and learning the best practices of common production technologies
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Get familiar with Fusion 360 CAM Module and its machining potential with hands-on exercises
- Explore major production technologies like turning, milling, laser cutting, and additive manufacturing
- Learn how to setup your program and simulate stock removal
Downloading a piece of 3D software and shaping concepts and ideas is quite easy. However, designing feasible and cost-effective real parts from 3D models can be challenging with traditional production technologies, or even additive manufacturing. This book will give you the know-how and skills to develop your projects from ideas to physical products, and overcome these obstacles.
In ‘Making Your CAM Journey Easier with Fusion 360’, you’ll discover how to set up a CAM program, pick the right tool, and optimize production. You’ll learn the pros and cons of different production technologies, including turning, milling, laser cutting, and 3D printing, and understand how to choose the best option based on your needs. You’ll also explore the important computer-aided manufacturing tools that Fusion 360 offers through the use of examples and best practices.
By the end of this book, you’ll understand the potential issues and drawbacks of different design components and apply workarounds to avoid design flaws.
What you will learn
- Choose the best approach for different parts and shapes
- Avoid design flaws from a manufacturing perspective
- Discover the different machining strategies
- Understand how different tool geometries can influence machining results
- Discover how to check the tool simulation for errors
- Understand possible fixtures for raw material blocks
- Become proficient in optimizing parameters for your machine
- Explore machining theory and formulas to evaluate cutting parameters
Who this book is for
This book is for 3D enthusiasts or mechanical designers looking to turn their design ideas into 3D models, and their 3D models into final products. Familiarity with any CAD software or Fusion 360 design module is recommended; the book will then teach you the rest.