An informative guide to implementing and using AWS security services effectively
About This Book
- Learn to secure your network, infrastructure, data and applications in AWS cloud
- Log, monitor and audit your AWS resources for continuous security and continuous compliance in AWS cloud
- Use AWS managed security services to automate security, and focus on your business rather than being distracted by security risks and issues with AWS security
- Cover topics including the security model, compliance, access management and much more to build and maintain a secure environment
Who This Book Is For
This book is for all IT professionals, system administrators and security analysts, solution architects and Chief Information Security Officers who are responsible for securing workloads in AWS for their organizations. Master AWS Security is helpful for all Solutions Architects who want to design and implement secure architecture on AWS by the following security by design principle, and is beneficial for personnel in Auditors and Project Management roles who want to understand how they can audit AWS workloads and manage security in AWS.
If you’re learning AWS or championing AWS adoption in your organization, you should read this book to build security in all your workloads. You’ll benefit from understanding the security footprint of all major AWS services for multiple domains, use cases, and scenarios.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about AWS Identity Management and Access control
- Gain knowledge to create and secure your private network in AWS
- Understand and secure your infrastructure in AWS
- Understand monitoring, logging and auditing in AWS
- Ensure Data Security in AWS
- Learn to secure your applications in AWS
- Explore AWS Security best practices
Mastering AWS Security starts with an exploration of the fundamentals of the shared security responsibility model. This book tells you how you can enable continuous security, continuous auditing, and continuous compliance by automating security in AWS with the tools, services, and features available.
Moving on, you’ll learn about access control in AWS for all resources. You’ll also cover the security of your network, servers, data and applications in the AWS cloud using native AWS security services.
By the end of this book, you will understand the complete AWS Security landscape, covering all aspects of end-to-end software and hardware security along with logging, auditing, and compliance of your entire IT environment in the AWS cloud.
Lastly, Mastering AWS Security wraps up with AWS best practices for security.
Style and approach
This book takes a practical approach delving into different aspects of AWS security, focusing on using native AWS security features and managed AWS services to help you achieve continuous security and continuous compliance.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Overview of Security in AWS
Chapter 2. AWS Identity and Access Management
Chapter 3. AWS Virtual Private Cloud
Chapter 4. Data Security in AWS
Chapter 5. Securing Servers in AWS
Chapter 6. Securing Applications in AWS
Chapter 7. Monitoring in AWS
Chapter 8. Logging and Auditing in AWS
Chapter 9. AWS Security Best Practices