Apply functional programming techniques to write testable terser code for frontend and backend development with improved clarity, concurrency, and performance
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Apply functional programming to get better testable programs with higher modularity and reusability
This book provides comprehensive coverage of the major topics in functional programming to produce shorter, clearer, and testable programs. You’ll begin by getting to grips with writing and testing pure functions, reducing side effects, as well as other key features to make your applications functional in nature. The book specifically explores techniques to simplify coding, apply recursion, perform high-level coding, learn ways to achieve immutability, implement design patterns, and work with data types.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed the practical programming skills needed to confidently enhance your applications by adding functional programming to wherever it’s most suitable.
What you will learn
- Understand when to use functional programming versus classic object-oriented programming
- Use declarative coding instead of imperative coding for clearer, more understandable code
- Know how to avoid side effects and create more reliable code with closures and immutable data
- Use recursion to help design and implement more understandable solutions to complex problems
- Define functional programing data types with or without TypeScript, add type checking, and implement immutability
- Apply advanced containers to get better structures to tackle errors and implement async programming
Who this book is for