Mastering MEAN Stack: Build full stack applications using MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, and Node.js
A step-by-step guide to building web applications with the MEAN stack
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of full stack development and the MEAN stack.
- Implement automated testing using Supertest and JEST for reliable and efficient code testing.
- Understand the importance of deployment with containers.
The MEAN stack, comprising MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, and Node.js, is a widely used and robust web development framework. Acquiring expertise in the MEAN stack will equip you with the necessary skills to strengthen your web development capabilities, enabling you to build efficient and modern web applications.
This book is a comprehensive guide to full stack development using the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, and Node.js). It covers all the essential aspects of building robust web applications, from architectural design to implementation. The book introduces the fundamentals of full-stack development and the advantages of using the MEAN stack. It explains the installation and configuration of the MEAN stack components and teaches how to connect them to create powerful full-stack applications seamlessly. The book also covers security mechanisms like authentication and authorization to ensure application security. The book will help you gain proficiency in front-end development with Angular and back-end integration with Node.js. The book also covers real-time data updates using NATS Streaming, automated testing techniques, and the integration of additional services like comments.
By the end of the book, you can confidently build full-stack applications using the MEAN stack.
What you will learn
- Install and configure the necessary components for building web applications.
- Master frontend development using Angular, including component creation and data binding.
- Discover the power of Node.js and its integration with Angular for efficient backend development.
- Explore the integration of the Comments service and understand the concepts of subdocuments and references.
- Test the integration of the Posts and Comments service, ensuring smooth communication between the two components.
Who this book is for
Whether you are an absolute beginner or an experienced developer, this book caters to both audiences, providing valuable insights and practical knowledge.