Mastering Palo Alto Networks: Build, configure, and deploy network solutions for your infrastructure using features of PAN-OS, 2nd Edition
Deploy and manage industry-leading PAN-OS 10.x solutions to secure your users and infrastructure
- Understand how to optimally use PAN-OS features
- Build firewall solutions to safeguard local, cloud, and mobile networks
- Protect your infrastructure and users by implementing robust threat prevention solutions
Palo Alto Networks’ integrated platform makes it easy to manage network and cloud security along with endpoint protection and a wide range of security services.
This book is an end-to-end guide to configure firewalls and deploy them in your network infrastructure. You will see how to quickly set up, configure and understand the technology, and troubleshoot any issues that may occur. This book will serve as your go-to reference for everything from setting up to troubleshooting complex issues. You will learn your way around the web interface and command-line structure, understand how the technology works so you can confidently predict the expected behavior, and successfully troubleshoot any anomalies you may encounter. Finally, you will see how to deploy firewalls in a cloud environment, and special or unique considerations when setting them to protect resources.
By the end of this book, for your configuration setup you will instinctively know how to approach challenges, find the resources you need, and solve most issues efficiently.
What you will learn
- Explore your way around the web interface and command line
- Discover the core technologies and see how to maximize your potential in your network
- Identify best practices and important considerations when configuring a security policy
- Connect to a freshly booted appliance or VM via a web interface or command-line interface
- Get your firewall up and running with a rudimentary but rigid configuration
- Gain insight into encrypted sessions by setting up SSL decryption
- Troubleshoot common issues, and deep-dive into flow analytics
- Configure the GlobalProtect VPN for remote workers as well as site-to-site VPN
Who this book is for
The book is for network and security professionals, and administrators who want to bring in the power of Palo Alto Networks and firewalls to secure their networks. Engineers should have a good grasp of networking and routing protocols, basic knowledge of stateful or next-generation firewalls is helpful but not required.