Mastering Veeam Backup and Replication: Veeam 12 Best Practices: Design & Deploy a secure and resilient platform, 3rd Edition
- Length: 320 pages
- Edition: 3
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-05-09
- ISBN-10: 1837630097
- ISBN-13: 9781837630097
- Sales Rank: #732043 (See Top 100 Books)
Protect your cloud, virtual, and on-premises environments by implementing Veeam’s powerful backup and replication technology
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Core Architecture Changes including PostgreSQL
- Work with VeeaMover and how it will help manage backups and SOBRs
- Explore Object Storage – Direct to Object – the ability to add Object Storage to be your primary repository
Veeam is one of the leading modern data protection solutions, making it a necessary skill for anyone responsible for backing up virtual environments. This revised third edition of Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication is updated to cover Veeam version 12. The book guides you through implementing modern data protection solutions for your cloud and virtual infrastructure with Veeam while helping you master advanced concepts such as Continuous Data Protection (CDP), extended object storage support, VeeaMover, and Security settings.
Starting with Veeam essentials, including installation, best practices, and optimizations for Veeam Backup & Replication, you’ll get to grips with this process. You’ll understand how to set up a backup server, proxies, repositories, and more and then advance to cover a powerful feature of Veeam 12 – Direct to Object Storage. As you progress, you’ll learn about using PostgreSQL for your database instead of Microsoft SQL and discover the best way to implement this with Veeam 12. Finally, you’ll explore the new Tape server options available in Linux and become well-versed with advanced topics such as VeeaMover, Security, NAS Backup changes and using CDP with Cloud Connect.
By the end of this Veeam book, you’ll be able to implement Veeam Backup & Replication to secure your environment and enable disaster recovery.
What you will learn
- Understand Installing & Upgrading Veeam to v12
- Master the ability to use PostgreSQL for the database
- Explore SOBR – Direct to Object storage in Performance Tier
- Discover tape server enhancements
- Explore updated security, including MFA and Auto-Logoff
- Understand NAS Backup with Immutability Support
- Get to the grips of CDP & Cloud Connect – CDP to vCD via VCC
Who This Book Is For
Backup Administrators or cloud disaster architect will gain expertise in all things Veeam. This book teaches you the basics like installing & upgrading to more advanced concepts like Direct to Object Storage configuration and best practices. There will also be some things not to do or worst practices by Rick Vanover from Veeam.