Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) with Oracle GoldenGate MicroServices in HUB Architecture: Learn how to use Oracle GoldenGate to improve the … mission-critical systems
A step-by-step guide for designing, implementing, and managing Oracle GoldenGate with HUB Architecture
- Learn how to use the REST API, command line solutions, and web interface to manage Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture.
- Configure Oracle GoldenGate Microservices for disaster recovery and high-availability architecture.
- Learn how to monitor and troubleshoot Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture.
Oracle GoldenGate is a software product that allows you to replicate data from one database to another. If you are interested in using Oracle GoldenGate Microservices (OGG MA) in HUB configuration for database upgrade, migration, and data replication, then this book is a valuable resource for you.
This book provides a step-by-step guide for designing and implementing an Oracle GoldenGate Microservices architecture in a hub configuration, with high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) capabilities. It begins by explaining the architecture of Oracle GoldenGate Microservices, and then provides real-world examples of how it can be used to upgrade or migrate databases, replicate data, and monitor the environment. Moving on, the book includes detailed instructions on how to install and configure Oracle GoldenGate Microservices, as well as, how to use the REST API, command line, and web interface to manage the solution. Lastly, the book provides a practical example of how the architecture can be used to achieve HA and DR for data replication.
By the end of the book, you will be a confident and knowledgeable OGG MA user, who is able to design, implement, and manage Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture solutions for your organization.
What you will learn
- Understand the architectural design of OGG MA in HUB configuration using ACFS.
- Set up monitoring for OGG MA with Oracle Cloud Control.
- Use the REST API in OGG for automation.
- Check and verify data consistency with Veridata.
- Perform patching without extended downtime by using high-availability capabilities.
- Learn how to handle errors during data replication in ACFS or OGG extract/replicat processes.
Who this book is for
This book is for technical professionals, database administrators and engineers who want complete control over their Oracle GoldenGate Microservices environment.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Oracle GoldenGate in HUB Architecture
2. Oracle GoldenGate MicroServices Architecture in HUB Configuration
3. Installation Setup: OGG in HUB Architecture – Part GI and ACFS
4. Installation Setup: OGG in HUB Architecture – Part RDBMS
5. Installation of OGG MA – OGG in HUB Infrastructure
6. Uni-Directional Replication Setup: OGG in HUB Architecture
7. How to- DDL, Parallelism, and REST API for Automation
8. Bi-Directional Replication Setup OGG in HUB Architecture – Setup and Preparation
9. Bi-Directional Replication Setup OGG in HUB Architecture
10. Monitoring – OGG in HUB Architecture – Setup Veridata
11. Monitoring- OGG in HUB Architecture– Execute Veridata and Configure Cloud Control
12. Patching Oracle – OGG in HUB Architecture
13. Troubleshooting- OGG in HUB Architecture
14. Disaster Recovery Setup- OGG in HUB Architecture