This book covers the fundamentals of Azure certification AZ 900 . It concentrates on the features of the Azure platform that you are most likely to need to know rather than on every feature and service available on the platform.
This book explores six foundational features of the Microsoft Azure platform, along with insights on getting started with Azure, management tools, and common business scenarios.
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
In this module, you’ll take an entry level end-to-end look at Azure and its capabilities, which will provide you with a solid foundation for completing the available modules for Azure Fundamentals.
- What is Cloud Computing
- Advantages of Cloud Computing
- Overview of different Cloud Computing Models
- Describe multiple Cloud Service Options
Module 2: Azure Fundamental Concepts
In this module, you’ll take an entry level look at Azure and its capabilities, which will provide you with a solid foundation for completing the available modules for Azure Fundamentals.
- Introduction to Azure fundamentals
- Discuss Azure fundamental concepts
- Describe core Azure architectural components
Module 3: Describe core Azure services
In this module, you learn about core Azure services like Azure database, Azure compute, Azure storage, and Azure Networking.
- Explore Azure database and analytics services
- Explore Azure compute services
- Explore Azure Storage services
- Explore Azure networking services
Module 4: Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure
In this module, you’ll learn about AI machine learning, Azure DevOps, monitoring fundamentals, management fundamentals, serverless computing fundamentals. and IoT fundamentals.
- Choose the best AI service for your needs
- Choose the best tools to help organizations build better solutions
- Choose the best monitoring service for visibility, insight, and outage mitigation
- Choose the best tools for managing and configuring your Azure environment
- Choose the best Azure serverless technology for your business scenario
- Choose the best Azure IoT service for your application
Module 5: Describe general security and network security features
In this module, you will learn how to protect yourself against security threats, and secure your networks with Azure.
- Protect against security threats on Azure
- Securing network connectivity in Azure
- Core Azure identity services
- Security tools and features
- Azure governance methodologies
- Monitoring and reporting in Azure
- Privacy, compliance and data protection standards in Azure
Module 6: Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features
In this module, you will learn about Azure identity services, how to build a cloud governance strategy, and privacy, compliance and data protection standards on Azure.
- Secure access to your applications by using Azure identity services
- Build a cloud governance strategy on Azure
- Examine privacy, compliance, and data protection standards on Azure
Module 7: Describe Azure cost management and service level agreements
In this module, you will learn how to plan and manage Azure costs, and how to choose the right Azure services though SLAs and service lifecycle.
- Plan and manage your Azure costs
- Azure subscriptions
- Planning and managing costs
- Support options available with Azure
- Azure service level agreements (SLAs)