Design, configure, and build your cloud-based infrastructure using Microsoft Azure
About This Book
- Deploy both Windows-based and Linux-based virtual machines to Microsoft Azure
- Utilize SQL Server Azure to build a robust, highly available solution that can be recovered in the event of disaster for your important business applications
- A practical guide to configuring and creating a virtual network that expands your on-premises network into a cloud-based infrastructure
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for system administrators and other IT professionals who need to both design and implement an Azure-based cloud solution. With the help of this book, you will soon master the basic tasks needed to build a cloud-based solution.
What You Will Learn
- Deploy virtual machines on Windows Azure IaaS
- Build, configure, and create Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Create a virtual network that spans your on-premises network into the cloud
- Monitor your virtual machines to ensure optimal performance from your cloud-based solutions
- Integrate your cloud-based infrastructure with Active Directory
- Discover information on Azure IaaS backup and security
- Configure your cloud solution to ensure recovery from disasters
With the increasing interest in cloud computing and the growth in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Microsoft Azure is the leading player in cloud-based solutions.
You will learn how to create both a Windows and Linux virtual machine, and how to go about connecting and working with these machines in the cloud. You will understand the requirements that allow you to expand your on-premises network to the cloud. You will discover how to connect, manage, and monitor your virtual machines in the cloud. Moving forward, you will learn how to configure your virtual machine to ensure it continues to function in the event of a disaster.
With plenty of screenshots offering a play-by-play account of how to build your cloud-based infrastructure, Microsoft Azure IaaS Essentials will ensure your success with this cutting-edge, cloud-based technology.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
Chapter 2: Creating and Deploying a Windows Virtual Machine
Chapter 3: Deploying Linux Virtual Machines on Azure
Chapter 4: Virtual Networks
Chapter 5: Managing and Monitoring Virtual Machines
Chapter 6: Microsoft Azure and Active Directory
Chapter 7: High Availability and Disaster Recovery for Azure Virtual Machines