Microsoft Defender for Cloud Cookbook: Protect multicloud and hybrid cloud environments, manage compliance and strengthen security posture
Effectively secure their cloud and hybrid infrastructure, how to centrally manage security, and improve organizational security posture
- Implement and optimize security posture in Azure, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments
- Understand Microsoft Defender for Cloud and its features
- Protect workloads using Microsoft Defender for Cloud’s threat detection and prevention capabilities
Microsoft Defender for Cloud is a multi-cloud and hybrid cloud security posture management solution that enables security administrators to build cyber defense for their Azure and non-Azure resources by providing both recommendations and security protection capabilities.
This book will start with a foundational overview of Microsoft Defender for Cloud and its core capabilities. Then, the reader is taken on a journey from enabling the service, selecting the correct tier, and configuring the data collection, to working on remediation. Next, we will continue with hands-on guidance on how to implement several security features of Microsoft Defender for Cloud, finishing with monitoring and maintenance-related topics, gaining visibility in advanced threat protection in distributed infrastructure and preventing security failures through automation.
By the end of this book, you will know how to get a view of your security posture and where to optimize security protection in your environment as well as the ins and outs of Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
What you will learn
- Understand Microsoft Defender for Cloud features and capabilities
- Understand the fundamentals of building a cloud security posture and defending your cloud and on-premises resources
- Implement and optimize security in Azure, multi-cloud and hybrid environments through the single pane of glass – Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Harden your security posture, identify, track and remediate vulnerabilities
- Improve and harden your security and services security posture with Microsoft Defender for Cloud benchmarks and best practices
- Detect and fix threats to services and resources
Who this book is for
This book is for Security engineers, systems administrators, security professionals, IT professionals, system architects, and developers. Anyone whose responsibilities include maintaining security posture, identifying, and remediating vulnerabilities, and securing cloud and hybrid infrastructure. Anyone who is willing to learn about security in Azure and to build secure Azure and hybrid infrastructure, to improve their security posture in Azure, hybrid and multi-cloud environments by leveraging all the features within Microsoft Defender for Cloud.