Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Services
- Length: 196 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2012-12-25
- ISBN-10: 1849687544
- ISBN-13: 9781849687546
- Sales Rank: #3390676 (See Top 100 Books)
Effectively use services with Dynamics AX 2012 and create your own services
- Learn about the Dynamics AX 2012 service architecture.
- Create your own services using wizards or X++ code.
- Consume existing web services and services you’ve created yourself.
Because an ERP system like Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 plays a central role in an organization, there will always be the need to integrate it with other applications. In many cases, services are the preferred way of doing this, and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is now more flexible than ever when it comes to the creation and use of these services. Understanding these services will help you identify where they can be used, and do so effectively.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Services” is a hands-on guide that provides you with all the knowledge you will need to implement services with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The step-by-step examples will walk you through many of the tasks that you need to perform frequently when creating and using services.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Services” provides detailed and practical examples for creating and using services that will make it a resource you will consult many times during your implementations.
This book helps you to identify situations where services can be used for your implementations. By providing step-by-step instructions for many of the common tasks, you will gain practical know-how on to get the job done.
Easy to follow instructions are provided for all types of services you will encounter. You will learn how to create document services using the AIF Document Service Wizard and how to use X++ to create custom services. You will also learn how to deploy services and web services and how you can consume them in both X++ and .NET. The services are also put to use in the SysOperation framework, which uses services to run business logic and is the new way to create batch processes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
What you will learn from this book
- Processing business logic synchronously and asynchronously.
- Using the AIF Document Service Wizard.
- Creating custom services in X++.
- Configuring enhanced integration ports.
- Deploying services using a variety of protocols.
- Consuming your services in .NET.
- Using system services in your applications.
- Using the SysOperation framework to create batch processes.
It’s a tutorial guide that provides all the knowledge needed to implement services with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at Dynamics AX developers, both new and experienced with services and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. A basic understanding of MorphX and X++ is assumed, but the step-by-step instructions are easy to follow even for beginners. Some examples use C#.NET, so experience with Visual Studio is a plus but not a must.