Modern Android 13 Development Cookbook: Over 70 recipes to solve Android development issues and create better apps with Kotlin and Jetpack Compose
Build exceptional Android applications and wearables with concise guided recipes and support the new foldable technology by using the latest Jetpack libraries
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Leverage the power of the latest Jetpack libraries in your day-to-day Android development tasks
- Explore Wear OS and build large screens to support the foldable world using the declarative approach
- Write tests and debug your code as you discover the most useful tips, tricks, and best practices
Android is a powerful operating system widely used in various devices, phones, TVs, wearables, automobiles, and more. This Android cookbook will teach you how to leverage the latest Android development technologies for creating incredible applications while making effective use of popular Jetpack libraries. You’ll also learn which critical principles to consider when developing Android apps.
The book begins with recipes to get you started with the declarative UI framework, Jetpack Compose, and help you with handling UI states, Navigation, Hilt, Room, Wear OS, and more as you learn what’s new in modern Android development. Subsequent chapters will focus on developing apps for large screens, leveraging Jetpack’s WorkManager, managing graphic user interface alerts, and tips and tricks within Android studio. Throughout the book, you’ll also see testing being implemented for enhancing Android development, and gain insights into harnessing the integrated development environment of Android studio. Finally, you’ll discover best practices for robust modern app development.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build an Android application using the Kotlin programming language and the newest modern Android development technologies, resulting in highly efficient applications.
What you will learn
- Use Kotlin programming to build your Android applications
- Leverage modern Android development (MAD) libraries to create exceptional apps
- Explore modern app architecture concepts such as model-view-viewmodel (MVVM)
- Utilize dependency injection, clean architecture, and module organization
- Discover how to write UI and unit tests for your applications
- Get to grips with paging, data binding, and datastore
- Build large screens to support the new foldable world
- Explore principles of Wear OS in modern Android development
Who this book is for
This book is for active junior-to-mid-level Android developers with one to two years of professional experience in developing Android applications who are interested in advancing their knowledge of Android development. The recipes in this book use Kotlin and not Java.