Modern Data Architecture on AWS: A Practical Guide for Building Next-Gen Data Platforms on AWS
All the essential design and architectural patterns in one place to help you rapidly build and deploy your modern data platform using AWS services.
- Learn how to build modern data platforms on AWS using data lake and purpose built data services.
- Learn how to apply security and governance across the data platform built on AWS.
- Learn how to operationalize and optimize the data platform on AWS.
Many IT leaders and professionals know how to get data in a particular type of database and derive value from it. But when it comes to creating an enterprise-wide holistic data platform with purpose-built data services, all seamlessly working in tandem with the least amount of manual intervention, it is always challenging to design and implement such a platform.
This book covers end-to-end solutions of many of the common data, analytics and AI/ML use-cases that organizations want to solve using AWS services. The book systematically lays out all the building blocks of a modern data platform including data lake, data warehouse, data ingestion patterns, data consumption patterns, data governance and AI/ML patterns. Using real world use-cases, each chapter highlights the features and functionalities of many of the AWS services to create a scalable, flexible, performant and cost-effective modern data platform.
By the end of this book, readers will be equipped with all the necessary architecture patterns and would be able to apply this knowledge to build a modern data platform for their organization using AWS services.
What you will learn
- Learn about the building blocks of a modern data architecture on AWS.
- Learn how to create end-to-end data platform on AWS.
- Learn how to design data architectures for their own use-cases using AWS services.
- Learn to ingest data from disparate sources into target data stores on AWS.
- Explore how to build data pipelines using AWS services.
- Know how to build data consumption patterns using AWS services.
- Learn how to build data sharing mechanisms using AWS services.
- Learn how to implement data governance using AWS services.
Who This Book Is For
This book is specifically geared towards helping data architects, data engineers and those professionals involved with building data platforms. The use-case driven approach in this book helps them conceptualize possible solutions to specific use-cases and provides them with design patterns to build data platforms for any organization. Technical leaders and decision makers would also benefit from this book as they will get a perspective of what the overall data architecture looks like for their organization and how each component of the platform helps with their business needs.