Okta Administration Up and Running, 2nd Edition: Drive operational excellence with IAM solutions for on-premises and cloud apps
Get to grips with the fundamentals of Zero trust, IAM, and Okta, while learning how to carry out foundational configuration of your own tenants with the help of step-by-step instructions
- Discover how to use Okta for complete identity and access management in your organization
- Explore agentless desktop single sign-on, multifactor authentication, and lifecycle management for enhanced security
- Learn about no-code and low-code automation functionalities, also known as Okta Workflows
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Identity and access management (IAM) is a set of policies and technologies used to ensure an organization’s security, by carefully assigning roles and access to users and devices. This book will get you up and running with Okta, an IAM service that can help you manage both employees and customers.
The book begins by helping you understand how Okta can be used as an IAM platform, before teaching you about Universal Directory and how to integrate with other directories and apps, as well as set up groups and policies for Joiner, Mover, and Leaver flows.
This updated edition helps you to explore agentless desktop single sign-on (SSO) and multifactor authentication (MFA) solutions, and showing how to utilize Okta to meet NIST requirements. The chapters also walk you through Okta Workflows, low-/no-code automation functionalities, and custom API possibilities used to improve lifecycle management. Finally, you’ll delve into API access auditing and management, where you’ll discover how to leverage Advanced Server Access (ASA) for your cloud servers.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to implement Okta to enhance your organization’s security and be able to use the book as a reference guide for the Okta certification exam.
What you will learn
- Get a clear overview of Okta’s advanced features
- Integrate Okta with directories and applications using hands-on instructions
- Get practical recommendations on managing policies for SSO, MFA, and lifecycle management
- Discover how to manage groups and group rules for Joiner, Mover, Leaver events in Okta using examples
- Manage your Okta tenants using APIs and oversee API access with Okta
- Set up and manage your organization’s Okta environment, ensuring a secure IAM practice
- Find out how to extend your Okta experience with Workflows and ASA
Who this book is for
If you are an IT consultant, business decision-maker, system administrator, system and security engineer, or anyone looking to use Okta to plan, design, and implement identity and access management solutions, this book is for you. A basic understanding of authentication and authorization is necessary to understand the topics present in this book.