Overcome Social Anxiety and Shyness is an effective, practical, science-based, self-help workbook with a clear step-by-step action plan to overcome social anxiety and shyness, and eliminate panic attacks – based on the successful anxiety workshops of Dr Matt Lewis.
Maybe, you’ve only recently started to struggle with social anxiety or shyness, or have lived with it for a very long time. This maybe the first time you’ve looked for help, or you may have tried different methods to manage your social anxiety or shyness before and remained stuck, or after some initial improvement you found yourself bogged down with same anxious thoughts and feelings. Books and methods that promise instant and magical transformations to overcoming social anxiety and shyness lose their impact when we have to leave our comfort zone and the fairy dust blows away. Whatever the case, you’re probably looking for something that really works, something that is effective, practical, real, and evidence based.
There are four main steps in this revolutionary approach and I’ve seen it change people’s lives time and time again. You’re going to learn how to:
- Understand how social anxiety and shyness develops
- Build a solid foundation for behaviour change
- Effectively manage anxious thoughts and feelings
- Be confident in social situations
In Overcome Social Anxiety and Shyness: A Step-by-Step Self Help Action Plan to Overcome Social Anxiety, Defeat Shyness and Create Confidence, university academic and mental health teacher Dr Matt Lewis will take you through a step-by-step programme, using simple but powerful exercises that will take just a few minutes each day, allowing you to start overcoming social anxiety and shyness, and being back in control and able to enjoy life. Social anxiety and shyness can make us feel paralysed and sometimes the smallest and quickest of tasks can seem insurmountable, so the information has been reduced into small chunks, using brief chapters that can be digested easily and quickly.
The book contains practical exercises in a workbook format, access to audio exercises and online resources, and an end of book project to help put all the learned skills into real life practice. The principles and practices you will learn in the book go beyond managing social anxiety and shyness. They will also help you to become unstuck, build confidence and really live.
Using referenced scientific and academic research, the book teaches you how to:
- Understand how and why social anxiety and shyness develops.
- Learn how living in ‘safety mode’ can diminish your life.
- Create a mindset that will allow you to believe change is possible.
- Build the foundations for a calm and peaceful mind.
- Avoid mental exhaustion and increase energy.
- Effectively handle anxious thoughts and feelings as they arise.
- Tame the voice in your head and reduce anxiety in social situations.
- Become unstuck and able to take action in situations you would normally avoid, withdraw, or distract yourself from.
- Build your confidence step-by-step in both small and large social situations.
- Take steps to create a fulfilling and meaningful life.
This book will be helpful for those who struggle with:
- Social Anxiety
- Low confidence
- Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
If you follow the step-by-step programme and practise the exercises in the book, you will start to find that you’ll soon find yourself feeling more peaceful, calm, confident. You will also start to develop the courage to tackle the uncomfortable tasks and social situations that you’ve been avoiding, and also taking action on the things that you’ve wanted to do but been too anxious to try.
The exercises are practical & effective.