This book covers polymer 3D printing through basics of technique and its implementation. It begins with the discussion on fundamentals of new-age printing, know-how of technology, methodology of printing, and product design perspectives. It includes aspects of CAD along with uses of Slicer software, image analysis software and MATLAB® programming in 3D printing of polymers. It covers choice of polymers for printing subject to their structure–property relationship, troubleshooting during printing, and possible uses of waste plastics and other waste materials.
- Explores polymeric material printing and design.
- Provides information on the potential for the transformation and manufacturing, reuse and recycling of polymeric material.
- Includes comparison of 3D printing and injection moulding.
- Discusses CAD design and pertinent scaling-up process related to polymers.
- Offers basic strategies for improvement and troubleshooting of 3D printing.
This book is aimed at professionals and graduate students in polymer and mechanical engineering and materials science and engineering.