Practical Digital Forensics: Forensic Lab Setup, Evidence Analysis, and Structured Investigation Across Windows, Mobile, Browser, HDD, and Memory
- Length: 300 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- Publication Date: 2023-01-10
- ISBN-10: 9355511450
- ISBN-13: 9789355511454
- Sales Rank: #552254 (See Top 100 Books)
A Guide to Enter the Journey of a Digital Forensic Investigator
- Provides hands-on training in a forensics lab, allowing learners to conduct their investigations and analysis.
- Covers a wide range of forensics topics such as web, email, RAM, and mobile devices.
- Establishes a solid groundwork in digital forensics basics including evidence-gathering tools and methods.
Forensics offers every IT and computer professional a wide opportunity of exciting and lucrative career. This book is a treasure trove of practical knowledge for anyone interested in forensics, including where to seek evidence and how to extract it from buried digital spaces.
The book begins with the exploration of Digital Forensics with a brief overview of the field’s most basic definitions, terms, and concepts about scientific investigations. The book lays down the groundwork for how digital forensics works and explains its primary objectives, including collecting, acquiring, and analyzing digital evidence. This book focuses on starting from the essentials of forensics and then practicing the primary tasks and activities that forensic analysts and investigators execute for every security incident. This book will provide you with the technical abilities necessary for Digital Forensics, from the ground up, in the form of stories, hints, notes, and links to further reading.
Towards the end, you’ll also have the opportunity to build up your lab, complete with detailed instructions and a wide range of forensics tools, in which you may put your newly acquired knowledge to the test.
What you will learn
- Get familiar with the processes and procedures involved in establishing your own in-house digital forensics lab.
- Become confident in acquiring and analyzing data from RAM, HDD, and SSD.
- In-detail windows forensics and analyzing deleted files, USB, and IoT firmware.
- Get acquainted with email investigation, browser forensics, and different tools to collect the evidence.
- Develop proficiency with anti-forensic methods, including metadata manipulation, password cracking, and steganography.
Who this book is for
Anyone working as a forensic analyst, forensic investigator, forensic specialist, network administrator, security engineer, cybersecurity analyst, or application engineer will benefit from reading this book. You only need a foundational knowledge of networking and hardware to get started with this book.