Practical Guide to Salesforce Experience Cloud: Building, Enhancing, and Managing a Digital Experience with Salesforce, 2nd Edition
Whether you are brand new to the world of digital experiences on the Salesforce platform or you are looking to take your Experience Cloud (previously “Community Cloud”) knowledge to the next level, this detailed guide will help you build and manage a Salesforce site by leveraging the declarative power of the platform with clicks, not code.
Each Salesforce site/community is a part of a widespread ecosystem, with thousands of sites and millions of users active today on Experience Cloud. Through valuable social and business tools, this online platform enables companies to empower and equip their customers, partners, and employees in new, powerful ways.
Author Philip Weinmeister, Salesforce MVP and the only recipient of the “Community Cloud MVP” Trailblazer award from Salesforce, leads you through the ins and outs of Salesforce Experience Cloud and provides you with an array of best practices to deliver top-notch business portals on the Salesforce platform.
This completely revised edition updates all content to reflect the new “experience-centric” branding and a slew of platform updates from the last few years (including screenshots, terminology, features, etc.). Net new content includes Salesforce CMS, the Experience Cloud Consultant certification exam, and Mobile Publisher, among other topics.
The book takes you through the entire process: from planning and designing a site to configuration/build, setup, and administration, all the way to deployment. Detailed explanations are provided for key components, templates, and features such as Experience Builder, Audience Targeting, Lightning Bolts, and much more.
What You Will Learn
- Plan and design a site using Experience Cloud
- Conceptualize how employees, partners, and customers use and benefit from Salesforce sites
- Use Experience Builder and Lightning components within an Experience Builder template
- Apply topics and knowledge articles to a site to increase value and adoption
- Build and display rich content within a site using Salesforce CMS
- Create dynamic and personalized user experiences with audience targeting
- Build, export, and import unique templates with the Lightning Bolt solution framework
- Provide site data for members or site managers
Who This Book Is For
Salesforce administrators, developers, functional architects, business analysts, and site/community managers.