Practical Module Development for Prestashop 8: Create modern, customizable, and dynamic online stores using efficient modules
- Length: 300 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-04-28
- ISBN-10: 183763596X
- ISBN-13: 9781837635962
Elevate your e-commerce game and beat the competition by unleashing the power of PrestaShop 8.x with Symfony-based modules, customizable themes, and much more
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Understand the data and object architecture of the legacy and new Symfony core of PrestaShop
- Create modules to add features such as content blocks, payment options, and carriers to your store
- Learn to customize themes and override existing module templates
After version 1.7, PrestaShop underwent a host of changes, including migration to a Symfony-based system from an outdated legacy code. This migration brought about significant changes for developers, from routine maintenance to module development. Practical Module Development for PrestaShop 8 is curated to help you explore the system architecture, including migrated and non-migrated controllers, with a concise data structure overview. You’ll understand how hooks enable module customization and optimize the CMS.
Through the creation of seven modules, you’ll learn about the structure of modules, hook registration, the creation of front-office controllers, and Symfony back-office controllers. By using Doctrine entities, services, CQRS, grids, and forms, you’ll be guided through the creation of standard, payment and carrier modules. Additionally, you’ll customize and override themes to achieve your desired e-commerce store look.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well equipped to provide modern solutions with PrestaShop that meet client requirements.
What you will learn
- Understand the structure of PrestaShop’s core
- Explore hooks and their functions
- Create a hello world module
- Build modules to display blocks in the front office with different styles
- Design a module to add fields to the category pages and manage them
- Fashion a blogging module with front and modern back-office controllers
- Fabricate payment and carrier modules to improve the user experience
- Customize a theme by creating a child theme
Who this book is for
If you are a junior or advanced PHP developer already using PrestaShop as a simple user willing to know more or to solve online sellers’ problems by creating modules as a professional, this book is definitely for you. In order to learn from this book, you should have a basic knowledge of the Symfony framework. This book will be a really good help for the module developers expecting to move from the old legacy environment to the modern one. Other CMS developers can use that book as a tool to compare and move to PrestaShop.