Precision Health and Artificial Intelligence: With Privacy, Ethics, Bias, Health Equity, Best Practices, and Case Studies
- Length: 191 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2023-03-03
- ISBN-10: 1484291611
- ISBN-13: 9781484291610
This book provides a comprehensive explanation of precision (i.e., personalized) healthcare and explores how it can be advanced through artificial intelligence (AI) and other data-driven technologies.
From improving the diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of many medical conditions to the effective implementation of precise patient care, this book will help you understand datasets produced from digital health technologies and IoT and teach you how to employ analytical methods such as convolutional neural networks and deep learning to analyze that data. You’ll also see how this data-driven approach can enhance and democratize value-based healthcare delivery. Additionally, you’ll learn how the convergence of AI and precision health is revolutionizing healthcare, including some of the most difficult challenges facing precision medicine, such as ethics, bias, privacy, and health equity.
Precision Health and Artificial Intelligence provides the groundwork for clinicians, engineers, bioinformaticians, and healthcare enthusiasts to apply AI to healthcare.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the components required to facilitate precision health and personalized care
- Apply and implement precision health systems
- Overcome the challenges of delivering precision healthcare at scale
- Reconcile ethical and moral implications of delivering precision healthcare
- Gain insight into the hurdles providers face while implementing precision healthcare
Who This Book Is For
Healthcare professionals, clinicians, engineers, bioinformaticians, chief information officers (CIOs), and students