CAD/CAM systems are perhaps the most crucial advancement in the field of new technology relating to engineering, design and drawing in all technical domains. CAD/CAM stands for computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing. These systems are useful in all facets of contemporary design and architecture. The fundamentals of CAD/CAM systems are covered in detail throughout this book.
This book aims to introduce the fundamental aspects, complete with an adequate numberof illustrations and examples, without delving too deeply into the specifics of the subject matter. This book is valuable in the classroom for both teachers and students.
- Each chapter begins with the Learning Outcomes (LOs) section, which highlights the critical points of that chapter.
- All LOs, solved examples, and questions are mapped to six Bloom Taxonomy levels (BT levels).
- Offers fundamental concepts of CAD/CAM without becoming too complicated.
- Solved examples are presented in each section after the theoretical discussion to clarify the concept of that section.
- Chapter-end summaries reinforce key ideas and help readers recall the concepts discussed.
Students and professionals need to have a working knowledge of CAD/CAM since it has many applications and continues to expand. Students at the undergraduate and graduate levels of engineering courses use this book as their primary textbook. It will also be helpful for managers, consultants, and professionals.