Pro Jakarta Persistence in Jakarta EE 10: An In-Depth Guide to Persistence in Enterprise Java Development, 4th Edition
Learn to use the Jakarta Persistence API and other related APIs as found in the Jakarta EE 10 platform from the perspective of one of the specification creators. A one-of-a-kind resource, this in-depth book provides both theoretical and practical coverage of Jakarta Persistence usage for experienced Java developers.
Authors Lukas Jungmann, Mike Keith, Merrick Schincariol, Massimo Nardone take a hands-on approach, based on their wealth of experience and expertise, by giving examples to illustrate each concept of the API and showing how it is used in practice. The examples use a common model from an overarching sample application, giving you a context from which to start and helping you to understand the examples within an already familiar domain.
After completing this in-depth book, you will have a full understanding of persistence and be able to successfully code applications using its annotations and APIs. The book also serves as an excellent reference guide.
What You Will Learn
- Use Jakarta Persistence in the context of enterprise applications
- Work with object relational mappings (ORMs), collection mappings and more
- Build complex enterprise Java applications that persist data long after the process terminates
- Connect to and persist data with a variety of databases, file formats, and more
- Use queries, including the Jakarta Persistence Query Language (Jakarta Persistence QL)
- Carry out advanced ORM, queries and XML mappings
- Package, deploy and test your Jakarta persistence-enabled enterprise applications
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Java programmers and developers with at least some prior experience with Jakarta EE or Java EE platform APIs.