Pro NuGet offers you a solid architectural understanding of how to manage software dependencies using NuGet, an open-source package management tool for the .NET Framework. Providing practical guidance through a multitude of examples and more advanced scenarios, this book shows you how to unleash all the power that NuGet offers. It will help you to streamline your day to day development and even make it more fun to write code.
Authors Maarten Balliauw and Xavier Decoster have been working with NuGet since it was first released, contributing many ideas and practical solutions to the community over that time. In this book they demonstrate both the core concepts and the more advanced thinking needed to use NuGet effectively.
What you’ll learn
- Interact with NuGet using both the graphical user interface and the command line.
- Set up your own NuGet repository and develop a basic NuGet server application.
- Explore different automation scenarios leveraging NuGet, including continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Quickly set up an enterprise-ready environment with MyGet, a NuGet-as-a-Service web application.
- Use NuGet to accomplish other goals, such as delivering plug-ins or modules to a web application.
Who this book is for
With help from this succinct guide, you’ll quickly trust NuGet as a swift, invaluable asset in your toolbox. Find yourself imbued with the knowledge and skills to escape ‘dependency hell’ and establish a solid pattern to maintain external references in projects using NuGet.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Consuming and Managing Packages in a Solution
- Creating Pacakages
- Publishing Packages
- Hosting Your Own NuGet Server
- Continuous Package Integration
- Automated Delivery
- Extending NuGet
- NuGet as a Protocol
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C