Pro Puppet is an in-depth guide to installing, using, and developing the popular configuration management tool Puppet. The book is a comprehensive follow-up to the previous title Pulling Strings with Puppet. Puppet provides a way to automate everything from user management to server configuration. You’ll learn how to create Puppet recipes, extend Puppet, and use Facter to gather configuration data from your servers.
Puppet is a must-have tool for system administrators, and Pro Puppet will teach you how to maximize its capabilities and customize it for your environment.
- Install and configure Puppet to immediately start automating tasks and create reporting solutions
- Learn insider tricks and techniques to better manage your infrastructure
- Become a Puppet expert!
What you’ll learn
- See how to install Puppet on a variety of platforms
- Learn how to manage infrastructure with Puppet
- Discover how to scale Puppet to suit small, medium, and large organizations
- Learn how to integrate Puppet with other tools such as Cucumber and Nagios
- Discover advanced Puppet techniques to make managing your environment easier
- Learn how to develop and extend Puppet to suit your environment
Who this book is for
Systems administrators, implementers and systems integrators.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Puppet
- Building Hosts with Puppet
- Working with Environments
- Puppet Scalability
- Externalizing Puppet Configuration
- Exporting and Storing Configuration
- Puppet Consoles: Dashboard and The Foreman
- Tools and Integration
- Reporting with Puppet
- Extending Facter and Puppet
- Marionette Collective
- Working with Puppet