About Pro Swift
I wrote Hacking with Swift to teach app development in a highly practical way: you learn while you code, and you always learn new techniques in a real-world context so you can see exactly how they are applied. Well, Pro Swift is no different: I’ve structured the course so you learn powerful, expressive Swiftsyntax that you can immediately start using in your own projects.
As well as the complete book – in PDF, ePub, Mobi and HTML – you’ll also get acomprehensive set of videos that walk you through every technique so you can follow along in Xcode. All code comes fully ready for Swift 2.2, and you will of course receive a free upgrade with any Swift 3.0 changes when it’s released later in the year.
What’s in the course?
- Object-oriented Swift: inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation
- Protocol-oriented Swift and how it differs from OOP
- Functional programming user filter, map, flatMap and reduce
- Model-View-Controller vs Model-View-ViewModel
- Pro pattern matching using “for case let” and switch blocks
- Understanding how lazy vars can boost your performance
- When it’s best to use reference types and value types
- How to apply generics to your own code
- Mastering enums and associated values
- How to write smart inner classes and functions
- Variadic functions and tuple destructuring
- Operator overloading
- Handling exceptions gracefully: try vs try! vs try?
- Sets, subsets, and unions
- The elusive @autoclosure keyword
- Adding documentation markup to your code
- And much more!
- You don’t need to have read Hacking with Swift to follow this course.
- Neither the book or the videos will have any DRM attached.
- The course focuses on the Swift language, so it is equally useful for OS X developers as it is for iOS developers.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Syntax
Chapter 2: Types
Chapter 3: References and Values
Chapter 4: Functions
Chapter 5: Errors
Chapter 6: Functional programming
Chapter 7: Patterns