Process Intensification: Faster, Better, Cheaper
- Length: 258 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Publication Date: 2023-04-07
- ISBN-10: 1032254777
- ISBN-13: 9781032254777
Process Intensification: Faster, Better, Cheaper presents basic concepts and applications of process intensification (PI) and links their common effects across processes. It defines two fundamental parameters, PI factor, and Cost Impact (CI) factor, and uses these to analyze various applications where Process Intensification has been carried out.
Process Intensification principles have, in the past, been applied to diverse fields, ranging from biodiesel production to offshore processing, and this book unifies these aspects to identify the common factors that drive process enhancements. Each chapter investigates a specific application, discusses the key PI principles, and includes problem sets and examples. The book also provides case studies and realworld examples throughout the chapters.
- Explores Cost Impact of Process Intensification, and their relative magnitudes, as a universal metric.
- Covers a range of industrial applications, including heat and mass transfer, atomization and comminution, and enhanced oil recovery.
- Discusses the application of Process Intensification for clean coal technology and environmental remediation.
- Includes end-of-chapter problems, examples, and case studies.
The book is intended for senior undergraduate chemical and mechanical engineering students taking courses in Process Design, Process Optimization, Process Synthesis, and Process Intensification.
Instructors will be able to utilize a Solutions Manual and Lecture Slides for their course.
The eBook+ version includes the following enhancements:
- Open-ended essay questions to encourage conceptual thinking and apply new information.
- Pop-up explanations of selected concepts and terms throughout the chapters
- Interactive definition flashcards that summarize key takeaways at the end of the chapter.
- Quizzes within chapters to help readers refresh their knowledge.