Professional Image Editing Made Easy with Affinity Photo: Apply Affinity Photo fundamentals to your workflows to edit, enhance, and create great images
A comprehensive photo editing guide from a professional artist for Affinity 1.0 and 2.0 users covering best techniques to fix problems in edits and understand workflow
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Learn to use masking, selection, brushes, blend mode, and color tools in the photo editing workflow
- Unveil advanced personas used in the editing pipeline like tone mapping, liquification, and more
- Create your own brushes and build your artistic pallet in Affinity Photo
In this book, you’ll explore the Affinity Photo program through practice-based learning as you make popular photo edits, learning the tools and techniques in conjunction with the workflow concept. Instead of comprehensive description of the tools, you’ll learn through practical application and understand why they work, not just how they work. This is neither a technical manual nor a workbook but a project-based hybrid approach that provides a deeper understanding of how to use each tool to achieve your goal.
Starting with the fundamentals of navigating the interface, understanding layers, and making your first edit, this Affinity Photo book gradually increases the complexity of projects. You’ll go from single-layer edits, composites, and RAW development to putting together a complex composition using the tools that you’ve learned along the way. Additionally, you’ll learn the best practices used by expert photo editors for a flawless finish.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a good body of work, be able to evaluate the edits you want to make, and achieve desired results with Affinity Photo.
What you will learn
- Develop a repeatable methodology for use in your photo editing style
- Understand the most frequently utilized techniques by professional editors
- Complete a body of work for use and reference in future projects
- Develop your own libraries of assets, macros, and tone-mapping presets for your style
- Recreate popular editing styles used in print and film
- Recondition old family photos
- Understand and deconstruct other editing styles to expand your knowledge
Who this book is for
If you are a beginner to any form of photo editing or are a Photoshop user switching from Adobe, this book is for you. This book is also for small business owners who want to do brand-specific editing on stock photos but have limited experience in photo editing. Beginner-level editors, photographers, and people looking to get into product photography and advertising will be able to make the most out of this book.