Python for Security and Networking: Leverage Python modules and tools in securing your network and applications, 3rd Edition
Gain a firm, practical understanding of securing your network and utilize Python’s packages to detect vulnerabilities in your application
- Discover security techniques to protect your network and systems using Python
- Create scripts in Python to automate security and pentesting tasks
- Analyze traffic in a network and extract information using Python
Python’s latest updates add numerous libraries that can be used to perform critical security-related missions, including detecting vulnerabilities in web applications, taking care of attacks, and helping to build secure and robust networks that are resilient to them. This fully updated third edition will show you how to make the most of them and improve your security posture.
The first part of this book will walk you through Python scripts and libraries that you’ll use throughout the book. Next, you’ll dive deep into the core networking tasks where you will learn how to check a network’s vulnerability using Python security scripting and understand how to check for vulnerabilities in your network – including tasks related to packet sniffing. You’ll also learn how to achieve endpoint protection by leveraging Python packages along with writing forensics scripts.
The next part of the book will show you a variety of modern techniques, libraries, and frameworks from the Python ecosystem that will help you extract data from servers and analyze the security in web applications. You’ll take your first steps in extracting data from a domain using OSINT tools and using Python tools to perform forensics tasks.
By the end of this book, you will be able to make the most of Python to test the security of your network and applications.
What you will learn
- Program your own tools in Python that can be used in a Network Security process
- Automate tasks of analysis and extraction of information from servers
- Detect server vulnerabilities and analyze security in web applications
- Automate security and pentesting tasks by creating scripts with Python
- Utilize the ssh-audit tool to check the security in SSH servers
- Explore WriteHat as a pentesting reports tool written in Python
- Automate the process of detecting vulnerabilities in applications with tools like Fuxploider
Who this book is for
This Python book is for network engineers, system administrators, and other security professionals looking to overcome common networking and security issues using Python. You will also find this book useful if you’re an experienced programmer looking to explore Python’s full range of capabilities. A basic understanding of general programming structures as well as familiarity with the Python programming language is a prerequisite.