Python Games from Zero to Proficiency (Beginner): A step-by-step guide to coding your first game with Python
Get started with Python programming and Python games development fast without the headaches
Python is a great programming language; however, most people spend too long trying to learn how to code and create games with Python the hard way. This book is the only one that will get you to learn Python fast without wasting so much time. This book is the first book in the series “Python Games from Zero to Proficiency” where you will learn to code fast and be able to create your own video games with Python in no time.
What you will learn
After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Be comfortable with coding in Python.
- Use common structures to create programs in Python (e.g., loops, conditional statements, etc.).
- Know and master the features that you need to create 2D games (user interface, collision and keyboard detection).
- Read and extract data from files.
- Create popular 2D games such as hangman, tic-tac-toe or a coin collection game.
- Learn how to use the Pygame library.
- Export your games.
Who this book is for
This book is for:
- Hobbyists who need a book that gets them started with Python and game development easily.
- Parents looking for a book that introduces their children to game programming painlessly.
- Teachers looking for a complete and clear resource on programming through the creation of games.
- Aspiring indie game developers.
How this book is different
This is the only book that you need to get started with Python and game programming fast and to enjoy the journey without frustration. This book includes seven chapters that painlessly guide you through the necessary skills to master Python and Python games development, use its core features, and create interesting 2D games. It assumes no prior knowledge on your part and ensures that you have all the information and explanations that you need every step of the way.
What this book offers
This book includes all the features that you need to get started with Python and game development:
- Learn without the headaches: This book assumes that you can’t be expected to learn everything at once; this is why you will build all your skills incrementally.
- Make your dream of creating your own games come true: This book ensures that you stay motivated by giving you the right amount of information and challenge in each chapter; we all know that it’s hard to keep motivated when learning a new skill, so this book always contextualizes the knowledge with an example (so that you feel it’s relevant), and also makes sure that you get to challenge yourself, if you need to, with optional challenges present at the end of each chapter.
- Progress and feel confident in your skills: You will have the opportunity to learn and to use Python at your own pace and become comfortable with its core features. This is because every single new concept introduced will be explained in great detail so that you never feel lost. All the concepts are introduced progressively so that you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Create your own games and feel awesome: With this book, you will build your own 2D games and you will spend more time creating than reading, to ensure that you can apply the concepts covered in each section. All chapters include step-by-step instructions with examples that you can use straight away.