Effectively build, manage, and secure your Kubernetes workloads to implement CI/CD
- Gain a complete understanding of how Rancher works
- Discover how to design and deploy Kubernetes clusters using Rancher
- Understand how to extend Kubernetes and Rancher’s capabilities to take your apps to the next level
Knowing how to use Rancher enables you to manage multiple clusters and applications without being locked into a vendor’s platform. This book will guide you through Rancher’s capabilities while deepening your understanding of Kubernetes and helping you to take your applications to a new level.
The book begins by introducing you to Rancher and Kubernetes, helping you to learn and implement best practices. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll understand the strengths and limitations of Rancher and Kubernetes and discover all the different ways to deploy Rancher. You’ll also find out how to design and deploy Kubernetes clusters to match your requirements. The concluding chapters will show you how to set up a continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline for deploying applications into a Rancher cluster, along with covering supporting services such as image registries and Helm charts.
By the end of this Kubernetes book, you’ll be able to confidently deploy your mission-critical production workloads on Rancher-managed Kubernetes clusters.
What you will learn
- Deploy Rancher in a production-ready configuration
- Architect an application cluster to support mission-critical workloads
- Build the type of Kubernetes cluster that makes sense for your environment
- Discover the tools and services needed to make a new, ready-to-deploy cluster
- Prepare your applications to be deployed into Rancher for Kubernetes
- Expand your Kubernetes cluster by providing additional services such as Longhorn, OPA, and monitoring
Who this book is for
This book is for DevOps engineers looking to deploy Kubernetes in a fast and easy way. A basic understanding of Linux administration and containerization is needed to get the most out of this book.