Fourth Edition of the popular React book, updated to the latest React 18 to help you go from beginner to professional in React applications development
- Discover React’s latest features including automatic state update batching and prioritizing state updates
- Get to grips with React architecture to write cross-platform apps using libraries such as NativeBase
- Understand GraphQL and Apollo for building a scalable backend for your applications
From the basics of React to popular components such as Hooks, GraphQL, and NativeBase, this definitive guide will help you become a professional React developer in a step-by-step manner.
You’ll begin by learning about the essential building blocks of React components. As you advance through the chapters, you’ll work with higher-level functionalities in application development and then put your knowledge to work by developing user interface components for the web and native platforms. In the concluding chapters, you’ll learn how to bring your application together with robust data architecture.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build React applications for the web and React Native applications for multiple mobile platforms.
What you will learn
- Explore React architecture, component properties, state, and context
- Work with React Hooks for handling functions and components
- Implement code splitting using lazy components and Suspense
- Build robust user interfaces for mobile and desktop apps using Material-UI
- Write shared components for Android and iOS apps using React Native
- Simplify layout design for React Native apps using NativeBase
- Write GraphQL schemas to power web and mobile apps
- Implement Apollo-driven components
Who this book is for