Real-World Flutter by Tutorials: Professional App Development With Flutter
- Length: 405 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Razeware LLC
- Publication Date: 2022-09-28
- ISBN-10: 1950325768
- ISBN-13: 9781950325764
- Sales Rank: #1497049 (See Top 100 Books)
Learn Flutter With Real-World Examples
Flutter is an incredible toolkit that lets you build iOS and Android apps from a single codebase. The official documentation does a great job covering a lot of the basics. These basics can get you pretty far, even let you create apps ready for publishing on the app stores. But to take your apps to the next level, it helps to see lots of real-world examples.
This is where Real-World Flutter by Tutorials comes to the rescue! In this book, you’ll learn how to build professional iOS and Android apps for the real world. You’ll gain all the foundations of mobile development you need to make the best decisions in your own codebase while addressing critical problems such as state management, user authentication and dynamic theming.
Who This Book is for
This book is for Flutter developers looking to go from “I know Flutter” to “I can confidently create professional Flutter apps”.
Topics Covered in Real-World Flutter by Tutorials
- Repository Pattern: Get your data layer under control with the repository pattern. Learn how to properly handle exceptions, write clean mappers, support caching, pagination, different fetch policies and more.
- Managing State With Cubits & the Bloc Library: This is your first step to becoming a BLoC wizard. Understand what state management is all about and why Blocs and Cubits are the best tools for the job.
- Validating Forms With Cubits: Master Cubits before moving on to actual Blocs in the next chapter. Learn how to combine the bloc library with Formz to achieve first-class form validation in Flutter.
- Authenticating Users: Learn what user authentication is, how it works and how to best architect your application to support it.
- Internationalizing & Localizing: Learn how to make your app accessible to other languages.
- Creating Your Own Widget Catalog: Learn about the need for a component library and storybook. Add platform-specific files to a package, make it runnable as a standalone app and use it to showcase widgets in that package. Also learn how to customize a storybook.
- Supporting the Development Lifecycle With Firebase: Learn about monitoring app lifecycle with the help of Firebase Analytics and Firebase Crashlytics.
- Running Live Experiments With A/B Testing & Feature Flags: Learn to test different app features and variations with Firebase Remote Config and Firebase A/B Testing tools.
One thing you can count on: After reading this book, you’ll be prepared to use Flutter to create professional iOS and Android apps.