Rust Web Programming: A hands-on guide to developing fast and secure web apps with the Rust programming language
- Length: 276 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication Date: 2021-03-09
- ISBN-10: 1800560818
- ISBN-13: 9781800560819
- Sales Rank: #1647490 (See Top 100 Books)
Adopt the Rust programming language by learning how to build fully functional web applications and services and address challenges relating to safety and performance
- Build scalable web applications in Rust using popular frameworks such as Actix, Rocket, and Iron
- Create front-end components that can be injected into multiple views
- Develop data models in Rust to interact with the database
Are safety and high performance a big concern for you while developing web applications?
While most programming languages have a safety or speed trade-off, Rust provides memory safety without using a garbage collector. This means that with its low memory footprint, you can build high-performance and secure web apps with relative ease.
This book will take you through each stage of the web development process, showing you how to combine Rust and modern web development principles to build supercharged web apps.
By the end of this Rust book, you’ll be able to confidently create scalable and fast web applications with Rust.
What you will learn
- Structure scalable web apps in Rust in Rocket, Actix Web, and Iron
- Apply data persistence for your web apps using PostgreSQL
- Build login, JWT, and config modules for your web apps
- Build unit tests and functional API tests in Postman and Newman
- Deploy the Rust app with NGINX and Docker onto an AWS EC2 instance
Who This Book Is For