SAFe® Coaches Handbook: Proven tips and techniques for launching and running SAFe® Teams, ARTs, and Portfolios in an Agile Enterprise
Written by experienced Agile coaches, SPCTs, and a SAFe® Fellow, this guide is packed with real-world examples, use cases, and anecdotes, and offers valuable guidance to help you avoid common pitfalls and successfully implement SAFe®
- Understand how to tailor SAFe® practices to meet your organization’s needs
- Avoid common mistakes encountered while adopting SAFe® at team, ART, and portfolio levels
- Discover practical tips and best practices to plan teams, ARTs, events, and Lean Portfolio Management
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe® is widely recognized as an eff ective methodology for implementing Agile practices at the Enterprise level. However, the complexity of SAFe® can make it challenging for Teams and organizations to determine which practices can be safely adapted to their unique needs. Although SAFe® is a framework rather than a set of rules, promoting adaptation, it’s crucial to understand why SAFe® practices are designed the way they are along with the consequences of modifying them.
The SAFe® Coaches Handbook is a comprehensive resource that goes beyond a how-to guide, providing a deep understanding of SAFe® principles and practices. The chapters are designed in a way to teach you how to successfully implement SAFe® in your organization and eff ectively manage the Team’s Backlog while avoiding common pitfalls. You’ll discover optimal ways to create SAFe® Teams and run successful Events. You’ll also learn how to plan Agile Release Trains (ARTs), manage the ART Backlog, conduct PI Planning, and grasp the importance of Value Stream Identifi cation in driving value delivery.
By the end of this book, you’ll be armed with practical tips and advice to help you successfully customize the Scaled Agile Framework to your Enterprise’s needs while preserving the aspects that make it work successfully.
What you will learn
- Discover how to set up Agile Teams to attain maximum effectiveness
- Avoid common mistakes organizations make with SAFe®
- Find out how to set up the Agile Release Train
- Discover common mistakes enterprises make that affect the success of the ART
- Understand the importance of Value Streams and learn how to work with them successfully
- Start using the best ways to measure the progress of Teams and ARTs at an Enterprise level
- Recognize the impact of successful SAFe® adoption on Enterprise strategy and organizational structure
Who this book is for
If you’re a SAFe® Practice Consultant (SPCT), Scrum Master/Team Coach, or Release Train Engineer tasked with implementing SAFe® within an organization, you’ll find this book indispensable. It offers valuable insights into aspects of SAFe® and helps ensure success in delivery and execution with practical uses you can adopt. Product owners and product managers will also benefit from this book by gaining a deeper understanding of how to function effectively within a SAFe® environment. A basic understanding of SAFe® agile, and DevOps is recommended to get the most out of this book.