In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to create great websites, collaboration and content management applications, and social solutions with SharePoint Foundation 2010! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll learn how to build, administer, and secure solutions with the free version of SharePoint 2010. One step at a time, you’ll master libraries, lists, and other powerful features; create blogs and wikis; provide advanced search and workflow; integrate SharePoint with Office; and much more. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, helping you get the job done fast–-and get it done right!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common SharePoint Foundation 2010 tasks.
Quizzes at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Install SharePoint Foundation 2010 and use the Administration Site
- Add users, provide user access rights, and enforce authentication
- Plan the most effective structure for your site
- Make the most of libraries, lists, views, folders, Web parts, and other powerful features
- Construct and work with wikis, blogs, and other social features
- Provide fast, efficient search with Microsoft Search Server 2010 Express
- Integrate either Office 2007 or Office 2010 with SharePoint Foundation
- Share OneNote notebooks, Access tables, Outlook calendars and contacts, and more
- Instantly create useful reports based on one or more SharePoint lists
- Create efficient workflows with SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010
- Add even more functionality to your sites and applications