SAP Implementation Unleashed: A Business and Technical Roadmap to Deploying SAP
SAP can help you capture better information and deliver it more quickly, allowing you to make better decisions and maximize the business value of everything you do. However, SAP implementations require massive effort, total buy-in, and significant change throughout the organization. In SAP Implementation Unleashed, 10 expert SAP project managers, functional consultants, and technologists guide you through the entire journey, helping you avoid pain and pitfalls and gain all the benefits of SAP.
The authors introduce start-to-finish business, technical, and project management roadmaps for successful SAP implementation. Then, drawing on their immense experience, they walk you through the entire process of planning and deployment—addressing make-or-break issues and hidden gaps that other guidebooks ignore. You’ll discover how to employ processes, models, and toolsets that help you achieve implementation excellence while systematically reducing cost and business risk. Along the way, you’ll find actionable advice and real-world insight into innovative project management, best-suited leadership, effective load testing, contemporary infrastructure implementation, and more.
George W. Anderson is responsible for providing enterprise applications thought leadership for the EDS/HP office of the CTO. A long-time SAP consultant and PMI-certified project manager, George has authored several best-selling books and enjoys new challenges.
Charles D. Nilson is a senior program manager for EDS/HP and has led many successful SAP implementation teams over the years. He is a PMI PMP and is SAP Partner Academy certified in MM and PP.
Tim Rhodes is a senior SAP technical consultant for EDS/HP and a Basis/infrastructure veteran focused on implementing, migrating, and upgrading SAP Business Suite and NetWeaver solutions. Tim is also an SAP-certified technical consultant, OCP, MCSE, and HP Master ASE.
Detailed Information on How To…
- Define the business vision driving your implementation, and use it to design your solution
- Use TCO techniques to fully understand SAP’s financial impact in your organization
- Structure your SAP project management office, business teams, technical support organization, and overall project team
- Size, plan, and test your SAP infrastructure to deliver the best performance and availability at the best cost
- Integrate SAP into an SOA environment
- Install and configure SAP Business Suite and NetWeaver components
- Perform basic functional configuration, testing, and change management activities
- Enable a smooth transition by successfully performing the critical tasks that immediately precede
- SAP Go-Live
- Choose the right mix of tools and applications to test, manage, and monitor SAP
- Prepare your SAP Operations team for its post-implementation responsibilities
User Level: Beginner–Intermediate–Advanced