Snowflake Essentials: Getting Started with Big Data in the Cloud
Understand the essentials of the Snowflake Database and the overall Snowflake Data Cloud. This book covers how Snowflake’s architecture is different from prior on-premises and cloud databases. The authors also discuss, from an insider perspective, how Snowflake grew so fast to become the largest software IPO of all time.
Snowflake was the first database made specifically to be optimized with a cloud architecture. This book helps you get started using Snowflake by first understanding its architecture and what separates it from other database platforms you may have used. You will learn about setting up users and accounts, and then creating database objects. You will know how to load data into Snowflake and query and analyze that data, including unstructured data such as data in XML and JSON formats. You will also learn about Snowflake’s compute platform and the different data sharing options that are available.
What You Will Learn
- Run analytics in the Snowflake Data Cloud
- Create users and roles in Snowflake
- Set up security in Snowflake
- Set up resource monitors in Snowflake
- Set up and optimize Snowflake Compute
- Load, unload, and query structured and unstructured data (JSON, XML) within Snowflake
- Use Snowflake Data Sharing to share data
- Set up a Snowflake Data Exchange
- Use the Snowflake Data Marketplace
Who This Book Is For
Database professionals or information technology professionals who want to move beyond traditional database technologies by learning Snowflake, a new and massively scalable cloud-based database solution